UPPER DECK SHUFFLEBOARD CLUB
Where: Convention Hall, Northern Upper Level, 1300 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park Boardwalk
Reservations: Reservations are not necessary
Game Time: 1 hour time slots only
Age: +21 every day
Hours: Thurs & Friday 6pm – Close
Sat & Sun Noon – Close
FREE! JOIN THE LEAGUE:
Experience: No experience necessary. Boca Raton hustlers encouraged.
At Upper Deck Shuffleboard Club 4 – 10 players constitute a team. +21 and older. Only 4 Upper Deck players will shuffle on any given night. Remaining members appear courtside for cold Zima’s, Frito-Nachos, and bragging rights. Substitutes are both allowed and encouraged.
- Upper Deck Shuffleboard Club League runs 7pm, 8pm, and 9pmon Thursday nights.
- League Teams shuffle at the same time each & every week.
- Summer Season League kicks off in August. The Upper Deck League runs for 9 weeks ending with the playoffs and crowning of Champions.
- Full teamregistration is $FREE (team of four; 9 weeks of game time)
- Perks for Playing: Immortality.
Upper Deck Shuffleboard League Rules:
Play of Game
- Each week, 4 person teams play 2-out-of-3 games against another team within their division
- To start the game, Upper Deck Shuffleboard Teams flip a coin to see who pushes first. Winners chose their team disc color to start (Yellow or Brown)
- Playing colors are as follows: Frame 1-Yellow, Frame 2-Brown, Frame 3-Brown, Frame 4-Yellow, etc.
- After the first impressive match, our league teams switch colors
- Upper Deck Shuffleboard Club League Games begin promptly at the time specified for each division; a ten-minute grace period is provided, after which a forfeit is called and the opposing team receives an automatic win
- If the score is tied at the conclusion of an 8-frame match, an additional two frame game is played, starting with yellow; if the score remains tied after two frames, an additional two frames is played starting with Brown; etc.
- In the odd occurrence each team wins one of our 8-frame matches, a 4-frame tiebreaker is played:
For this, Teams return to their original colors for the entirety of our tiebreaker
The two players from each team (who played in our first match) play the first two frames of our tiebreaker
The two players from each team who played in our second match return to play the second two frames
Upper Deck Shuffleboard League players follow the same order as in a regular match (Yellow, Brown, Brown, Yellow)
The rules used within a regular match tiebreaker are followed in the event of a tied score at the conclusion of four frames
- Substitutes are permitted to play in any regular season game, even if they have not registered within the league
- Any player who has registered with the league team is permitted to play as a sub for any other team. However, they cannot play as another member for any other team at any point that night
- Each Upper Deck Shuffleboard League team must enroll 4 different players to qualify for that weeks game; a team with less than four players will receive an automatic forfeit, and the opposing team receives an automatic win
- The same two players must play the entirety of our first match: likewise, the same two players must play for the entirety of our second match
- At the conclusion of every evening match, Teams must report win/loss results to our Upper Deck Shuffle Board Club Court Captain. Reporting of actual scores is not needed.